Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 9842 and Model 14

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do we know anything about RCA34633, the 12" woofer used in these products?

    Does that model designation mean/imply that it was outsourced from RCA?

    Are T/S parameters available anywhere?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not very much beyond what they look like.

    I believe the RCA des. is for the recone kit. Seems like Todd mentioned once it had nothing to do with Radio Corp...

    Not that I know of. Several members (not me) have 14s, but seem happy enough with them to see no need to test the drivers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tested all 5 of my model 14/9842 LF drivers with Woofer Tester II, and if I can figure out how to get the printout on here, I will do it. 12 hour shifts don't leave me much time; maybe Thursday!

    Richard C.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    RCA has nothing to do - in the Altec world - with the Radio Corporation of America.

    If memory serves, it means "ReConeAseembly" or something like that...

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually have wanted to test the woofers in question (and others) but I'm running a Mac with 10.3.9. Fuzzmeasure 3.01 is the only program I know for testing TS specs on a Mac and it is only compatable with OS 10.5 Leopard. (Yet one more "improvement" to induce more consumerism).

    Richard: It'll be great to see the TS parameters for the 14 woofer!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have those woofers in my Model 15s Zilch but I am also told they are not identicle to the 14 woofers in that one has a larger VC. Otherwise they look identicle. I am not sure which one has the larger VC.

    If I had my druthers I would certainly use a 414-8C if building boxes from scratch. I just think it is a much improved woofer in the 12 inch size.

    One of these days we will have you singing an Altec tune! LOL

    Gary

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gamalot:
    If I had my druthers I would certainly use a 414-8C if building boxes from scratch. I just think it is a much improved woofer in the 12 inch size.

    One of these days we will have you singing an Altec tune! LOL
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not supposed to know where I'm going with this, Gary.... forums

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 04, 2008 03:15 AM: Message edited by: ZilchLab ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Originally posted by ZilchLab:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by gamalot:
    If I had my druthers I would certainly use a 414-8C if building boxes from scratch. I just think it is a much improved woofer in the 12 inch size.

    One of these days we will have you singing an Altec tune! LOL
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not supposed to know where I'm going with this, Gary.... forums

    <font color="#FFFFFF"><font size="1">[ March 04, 2008 03:15 AM: Message edited by: ZilchLab ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats OK Zilch, where you are going is rarely a concern but I usually find where you end up quite interesting!

    Gary

  9. #9
    Inactive Member timp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2007
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Zilch

    I would love to know where you are going with this.


    Tim forums

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MR931 horns are here. That's all so far....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.